Nothing is more important to us than protecting the private information of our visitors. The West TN PBS website adheres to a strict policy for ensuring the privacy of you and your children's personally identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, and/or other identifiable information) and preserving the integrity of this online medium.
Gathering and Use of Information
1. We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. The information gathered by West TN PBS falls into two categories:
• information voluntarily supplied by visitors to West TN PBS online
• tracking information routinely gathered as visitors navigate through our site
2. In order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
• contest or sweepstakes registration
• registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as e-mail newsletters)
• online membership (new, renewal, or additional gift)
• content submissions, community postings (i.e., forums or bulletin boards), comments and suggestions, or voting
3. West TN PBS will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
4. We will always explain the extent of the use of your personal information at the time you are asked to provide it. If you do not want this information to be collected or used by us for these purposes, you can simply "opt out." Under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, as in contests.
For Parents and Caregivers
You have trusted us for many years to provide responsible and quality content for children. As we move towards a world linked by the Internet, this trust becomes even more important to you, and to us. We believe the following promises will improve the safety, value, and enjoyment of your child's visits to our site and our affiliated sites.
• We will not collect personally identifiable information from your child.
• If your child sends us an e-mail with a question or comment, or enters one of our contests, we will respond using his or her e-mail, but will not store it for future communications.
• If we know that your child is under the age of thirteen, we will collect your permission offline (by postal mail, fax, or phone) before we mail any prizes or share your child's personal information with anyone else.
• You can give consent and still say no to giving your child's information to a third party. You may revoke your consent at any time and have your child's information deleted.
• We will let you know about the need for a new consent form when our information practices change in a material way by sending a new notice and request for permission.
• If your child submits stories, artwork, comments, or anything else to us which is posted at our site, he or she will be identified only by first name, age and state, unless there has been an express grant of the right to provide additional identifying information.
• We will not post your child's e-mail address in conjunction with any of their submissions.
We also promise to help children—their families and communities—find the information they need to use the Internet safely and responsibly. Parents and caregivers can review personal information collected from their children. We will verify their identity in response to the request. Since we cannot be assured that links to outside sites follow our safety or privacy guidelines, we encourage adults and children to discuss these choices together. We are not responsible for the content or safety and privacy practices at any sites linked from our pages. We want to make this site a place where families can surf together, and where parents and caregivers are happy to have their children interact, learn, and play. If you have any comments or questions, we're happy to hear them. This is, after all, your site. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com, by telephone at 731-881-7561, or by writing to us at West TN PBS, P.O. Box 966, Martin, TN 38237.